With the exception of a couple of edge cases, all the necessary information and tools exists. And can be easily found on this list and on the wiki.

For example: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Remapping

Simon

Am 09.02.2012 13:32, schrieb Václav Řehák:
Therefore I can't see any reason that all OSM contributors are not
madly remapping right now, whether from an armchair of foot/bike/car.
I don't remap because I lack official and final rules for what needs
to be remapped. In my neighborhood there are many tainted roads that
will cause the network to break and I tried to remap one street. I
found that I don't know
a) whether to replace node without tags created by decliner it the
node was moved from the original position
b) whether moving all nodes and checking all tags make way clean or I
need to delete it and recreate
c) how to remap a way and don't break the relations
etc.
And most importantly, I need a tool that tells me if the state of the
map after applying my changeset is clean or not.

For this reasons I'm not remapping and waiting for more informed
mappers to do it or for OSMF to delete the data they don't like so I
can than fix it being 100% sure what needs to be done.