2012/5/29 Phil Endecott <spam_from_osm_t...@chezphil.org>:
>  You're going to remove 9413 ele tags; why?  No doubt at some point someone
> decided that "lake:shore_length:miles=2" was a useful thing to record, and
> you want to remove it.  Why?

because there is no such thing as a "shore length", it depends on the
resolution. Aside from this there is also no tradition in OSM to
record units in the key. So this particular key really doesn't seem to
make any sense (the length of the shore in OSM-precision is already in
the data geometry). See also here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coastline_paradox

> I have a suggestion: break your proposed edits into smaller chunks.
> For example, in this case, propose an edit that *only* makes the
> 'intermittent'
> change that I've quoted above.  Then propose separate edits that make each
> of the other changes.

+1

cheers,
Martin