Le 19/09/2012 00:01, Lester Caine a écrit :
Marc Sibert wrote:
It is your opinion that you have not destroyed any work, but this is one of
the major complaints about this type of import process.

STOP ! I do not read you after this sentence (I will do it after writing this
answer).

Now that you have read the rest of the message what is your answer?
I have nothing to do with DWG but I support their action simply because this needs to be sorted properly, and as far as *I* am concerned it hasn't been.

What is missing is LINKING to the existing imported data rather than unilaterally deciding it can be destroyed ... did you discuss destroying it with anybody?

This is not an opinion : I select specificaly the old buildings (untouched since the first import in 2010) using JOSM search tool, then importing a new set of data, then undouble and check using the validator ! I spent more than 2 (two) days of work in order to produce that work ! I'm not a newbe discovering JOSM & OSM. Of course, like everyone I could have done errors, but I do (more than) my best. And again nobody complains about vandalism or destroying data : that's not the point !
And another 'request' is that changes are committed every 30 minutes or so, not after 2 days work. The CORRECT procedure would have been to take a block of buildings at a time. If you have to delete the existing data then at least it's more easily linked to the new smaller import.

Easy : I worked 2 days with JOSM offline : have a look to thoses changsets, they belong to the same set of work (in fact I proced in the wrong order : add new data, then remove old ones)

#13110932 vendredi 14 septembre 2012 22:06 Réfection du bâti de Montlouis sur Loire - DataCleanUp #13103866 vendredi 14 septembre 2012 08:55 Datacleanup - Montlouis sur Loire #13101791 jeudi 13 septembre 2012 23:19 Réfection du bâti de Montlouis sur Loire #13101128 jeudi 13 septembre 2012 23:14 Réfection du bâti de Montlouis sur Loire

Later I will check http://osmose.openstreetmap.fr/map/?zoom=14&lat=47.38974&lon=0.8164
to see if other errors apear (not a vandal, do I precise it before ?)

Regards,

--
Marc Sibert
mailto:m...@sibert.fr