Hello,
we had this topic on legal-talk one year ago[1] and there were no opposition against my arguments. So it seems to be uncritical.

I also present the idea lots of wikipedians and there was also no protest. Wikipedia want's the cooperation with OpenStreetMap and doesn't reclaim "database protection".

Greetings Kolossos

[1]http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/legal-talk/2011-April/005907.html