On 22/04/13 13:40, Alex Barth wrote:

The update to the original RFC brings 4 key changes:

1. Rename the proposal from 'Contributor Mark' to 'Attribution Mark'
2. A completely redesigned mark, containing the letters "OSM"

The new mark is definitely a distinct improvement - at least now there is some chance of somebody recognising what it is for.

3. A completely redesigned `/copyright` page, the page the mark links
to. It is much closer to today's `/copyright`

I'm afraid the redesigned /copyright page still has all the same problems as the original as far as I can see, namely:

* It's completely and utterly different (except now for the bar
  at the top) to the rest of the site.

* It's totally unobvious that there is more information below
  the fold - it just looks like a big picture with an overlaid
  information panel and only somebody who makes a habit of
  staring at the scrollbar is going to realise there is more
  to see by scrolling.

* I'm not sure what the purpose of the arrow icon in the bottom
  right is meant to be? As far as I can tell it just reloads the
  background image, which seems utterly pointless...

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (t...@compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/