2013/7/28 Stefan Keller <sfkel...@gmail.com>

> OSM UI? I found the video of the presentation but can't find any hint
> in this direction:
> http://vimeopro.com/openstreetmapus/state-of-the-map-us-2013/video/68093877
>
> I assume that you are referring to some statistics displayed about
> users which to me is only a distant aspect of gamification.

I think statistics are enough for gamification. You can have lots of badges
like

"Biggest contributor in Belgium" - most nodes in Belgium
"Road admiral of Alabama" - most roads in Alabama
"Power man of  Bavaria" - biggest contributor of power tags (power=line,
power=substation etc.) in Bavaria
"Forester of Croatia"
"Ski instructor of Switzerland"
etc..

Then if you have a question about tagging a power station in some region,
you could quickly find "the power man" of the region, and ask them. That
way the badge comes with some responsibility and influence in decision
making. The bigger the region, the more responsibility.

Janko