Hi Andreas,

I agree with you about the automatic translation tool and that wasn't my
point.
Contributors should always translate documents by themselves without using
any automatic tool.

Nevertheless, some features of the extension would bring us some comfort
when dealing with translation topic.
I like the "percentage of translation for each language" indicator and the
capability to know when the English page is more accurate/up to date than
other ones.

May some alternative software can do the same job ?

Additionally to the visual editor (which is a really good tool too), it can
be a strong adding to the OSM wiki, don't you ?

Cheers.

*François Lacombe*

http://www.infos-reseaux.com