We also aimed to have no bugs and like every software project before us,
have failed to achieve that goal.

The uproar about iD is the same as the uproar about the map style, website,
user groups, code of conduct, Steve Coast, the board, imports, license
change, attribution, and practically everything else about OpenStreetMap.
It's not anti-iD bias, of course. It's anti-everything bias.