On 05/27/2015 05:13 PM, Frederik Ramm wrote:
We are a database of geodata [...]

Would it not be better to record the wikidata link for London, and
then (perhaps in co-operation with people at Wikidata) provide means
for people doing map rendering to join OSM data with a
separately-loaded translation table from Wikidata?

Would this be restricted to just names?

I can imagine a world where no information about businesses is stored in OSM. OSM has a geometry and a wikidata link. Wikidata says what kind of business it is, what its name is, what its contact info it, what its opening hours are, etc.

That would be a very different world from the one we live in. In lieu of listing them all out, I will just say I can see many benefits to living in that world, and many benefits to what we have now.

Is that a goal of this integration?

I've been thinking about this for a while, so I have a lot of questions based on the answer...
--Andrew