HOT uses the OSM database/platform and therefore it has to adapt and
follow OSM's rules. Nobody forces you to use OSM. Why don't you do
something like OpenHistoricalMap and use your own database basrd on
OSM software?

There are no rules for changeset comments. They are an optional feature, the number of empty comments each day is substantial yet I don't see them being advocated for removal.

A mapper should be able to get an idea what has been edited at a given
changeset without decrypting the changeset comment using an external
service (HOT tasking manager in this case). Who guarantees that HOT
tasking manager will still be online in 5 or 10 years?

This feature already exists on the OSM website, looking at changesets.

I have no problem with an entry in ANY language. Wolf, French etc etc. I probably won't understand it directly ... but I can use a web based translator.

No you probably will not be able to use a web based translator for the majority of languages. Setswana is the primary language of around 6 million people in South Africa and Botswana (official language) and secondary of maybe 8 million more. There is no online translator for it. Those that have gotten used to Google Translate will be shocked to find out the number and size of many languages missing from it, nevermind the quality of automatic translations.

The number of hashtags in the comment might be getting a bit too much though!