On 19/11/2015 10:16, Ben Abelshausen wrote:

You can go the tasking manager and see exactly what the goal of the mapping activity was, who is the admin that created the task and who validates, what mappers contributed and so on.

Can you please explain where any of that is documented within OpenStreetMap? As an example, I recently came across this:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/381043577

It's a building that is a closed way, but only just. How can I offer to help that mapper do what they are trying to do better? All the changeset comment says is "#MissingMaps #hotosm-project-1254 Lubumbashi, Congo (DRC) #100mapathons #OSMGeoWeek " - to me the only useful information in there is "Lubumbashi, Congo (DRC)", which I already know since that is exactly where this edit is.

More importantly, how do I contact the person who told this new mapper that "#MissingMaps #hotosm-project-1254 Lubumbashi, Congo (DRC) #100mapathons #OSMGeoWeek" was a suitable changeset comment, to explain to them what we use changeset comments for and what makes a good one? If I can talk to them, I can probably help them help other new users too, and not just with stuff about changeset comments - as an OSM mapper think of all the "how to interpret imagery" latent knowledge that you have simply by being able to compare a place you visited with the imagery of that place.

Cheers,

Andy