Am 20.06.2016 um 23:49 schrieb Andrew Harvey:
> On 20 June 2016 at 22:48, Oleksiy Muzalyev <oleksiy.muzal...@bluewin.ch>
> wrote:
>> Maps.me editor has got the principal difference from other editors, - it can
>> be used without an active Internet connection.
> I've been editing in JOSM for years and just started editing with
> Maps.me, and the fact that it's very fast and easy to make the edit is
> the main reason I have. If I walk past a shop, it's very easy to add
> it straight through the app, vs making a note and then spending time
> back home converting that note into mapping in JOSM.
>
> The down side of course is that the Maps.me data isn't updated very
> frequently so I might be duplicating data which has been added after
> Maps.me last generated the data extracts, or potentially already in
> OSM but Maps.me wasn't rendering it (so I thought it didn't exist). I
> think this is something Maps.me should address that if it finds a
> similar tag nearby which was created at a time after your local
> offline data and if so let you know about it before uploading.
May I ask why you are not using Vespucci? Except naturally if you are on
iOS, there I would recommend Go Map!

It does have the disadvantage that you have to download the area of
interest either online or in advance (but then you have to do that with
maps.me too), it uses JOSM presets, you can change all tags. It has a
reasonably well working address prediction system if you are actually
surveying (which is the prime use case for the app which is why the
focus is slightly different than for other apps) . 0.9.8 (which is in
beta) offers, besides the conventional, key-value view a form based UI
for adding tags, in general it is a bit like iD  from the tag editing pov.

And in particular it renders everything.

> It's also frustrating that I can't add key=value tags, as an expert
> user this would be a handy option.
See above.