Like it. As the current trends in graphic design go it fits right in.
Less clutter, flat, clear. Colours are nice, but would probably need
more discussion. A specific font for the word OpenStreetMap also makes
sense in terms of CI considerations.

I cannot comment on whether OSM needs a new logo or not. But it does not
hurt to refresh it.

Michael