Of course this is impractical in the UI in the current way of selecting layers (where each layer has its own check box to enable it), I was more thinking in the line of having a dropdown box for all language overlays. No idea if this is currently possible in openlayers.

Maarten

On 2017-09-25 12:37, Jo wrote:
1000 - 7000 extra layers? That's give or take the number of languages
in existence... depending on who you ask, but even adding 500 extra
layers is not a practical endeavour.

I think Latin as default is disrespectful to areas like Japan which
might not be able to read Latin letters as they have kana for
non-japanese words. It's a bit biased to ask if Latin should be the
default on a Latin based list(letters not language).I'm sure there
would be a different opinion if you asked on talk-jp or any other
list(non-latin)

Ideally it should be a layer per language: English everywhere,
Japanese everywhere, Arabic everywhere, etc etc

On Sep 25, 2017 6:02 AM, "Oleksiy Muzalyev"