sent from a phone

> On 12. Aug 2018, at 01:40, Simon Poole <si...@poole.ch> wrote:
>
> People seem to be looking more for unique ids for their dwellings than
> something that is dependent on a relatively fine grained location/coordinate
> value, of which you may have multiple for one house. We know this works, it
> is still a very common system in alpine regions in Europe.

It depends a lot on the details and setting, in Venice, to give an example with
a dense urban setting, building entrances are numbered with 4digits, unique
within their “sestiere” (literally not quarter but sixth), and it doesn’t work
well for finding a place (unless you use a map which has all the numbers). For
a quick impression:
https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=18/45.44062/12.34087

Cheers,
Martin