See, data always have a backstory.  Thinking you know what it is, or that you
can improve upon OSM by erasing existing data that has a backstory, hmmm, give
that one a good, long think first before you do anything.  Discuss with others,
research, think about past, present and even future data/tagging schemes that
might truly improve what you attempt to improve.  Doing this is complex and
deserves complex treatment, not a gloss-over and quick action.

SteveA