Sticky Rags!  It is nice to see some honesty boiling through the media
sometimes with this whole, I feel I should be a leader thing.  Bluegrass
doesn't need a leader.  In my opinion, too many bands sounded like Bill
Monroe and Earl Scruggs and grayed the spectrum of acoustic roots and
country music much like the Nothing sweeping over Fantastica.
I gained an appreciation for former President Bush Jr. at his times of
biggest self-aggrandizement, and I myself like a little of that in a person.
 Compare the Bush of the "root out them wrongdoers" swagger as opposed to
him guest appearing in the booth at opening day with Morgan and Buck and
saying all of six sedated words.  I felt bad for the guy.  Who would you
rather have around?  As folkie-singer Michael Hurley sings, "If you live you
ought to rule,"  but at the same time bluegrass music, like so many
endeavors is a community and it seems Ricky isn't the most popular guy
around.  He might just lift the Mace and walk a few paces before turning
around to see people still circled around jamming and not following
anywhere.
I really liked the album with Bruce Hornsby which was far from 1940's and
50's bluegrass, but is really great.  Not everything new is bad, Sticky.
 Bruce Hornsby gained my attention when I heard an interview with him after
leaving "the other ones" the post-garcia grateful dead band.  He basically
said, I don't want to rest on my laurels, I want to go out and play and
record new music.  There are a bunch of notes that ever been played.

my 1/6th bit

Mike