I really enjoy hearing myself and I try to carry around a cassette
recorder at festivals and parties.  It is painful to hear those things
that you wish never existed, but it is also a good way to catch them
and learn from them, i.e. ignore the temptation next time.  I also
sometimes finding myself listening repeatedly to something that i was
involved in which always makes the soul feel good.

What is really nice is to hear that NOBODY likes the way their own
voice sounds speaking.   If we recognize that maybe some of the
restricting feelings that come when we think about our own playing are
universal and even the greats have to fight them maybe we can learn to
be confident!

Hoff - not the one who was just put in a psych ward!