Good job Nelson!

 I agree with Don, just do it!  The best way to learn is to play with people.
If you mess up, so what?  Everybody does.  Hell, I mess up more than I get
right.  That's just part of the learning process.

I also agree with John.  Try playing along with Monroe or Mike on a recording.
It will help you with your timing.  That cd isn't going to stop if you  goof,
so you'll learn to keep up.  You can slow it down if you need to in order to
learn the tune, but after you do,  practice at full speed.

Also, try learning several tunes in each key.  G, C. D, A, ect.   By learning
that many tunes you will remember licks from each key.  Then if you are jamming
and they play a tune in G that you really don't know, you might can use some of
the licks you remember from the ones you do know.   A lot of the stuff you did
in Bluegrass Special, you will find in other Monroe tunes if you listen.

And for John.  I will no longer remark about the speed of tunes.  I am no
longer a speed cop..........I'm retired!..................lol

Just my .02 for what its worth.

Terry