On Wednesday, April 19, 2000, 7:16:09 AM, Marek Mikus wrote:
> But when I create new filtr by "Ctrl+Sft+F" shortcut, TB display whole
> address for example _"Jakub Herzan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>_ with quote
> marks. If he can't filter that, why he submited me that!!!!
Hmmm? Strange, because when I try and set-up a Filter for you in that
manner, the address I'm presented with is:
Marek Mikus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
and as you can see, there are no quote marks. In any case, the above
will not Filter any messages. What I _always_ have to do is remove the
name and just leave the address like this:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
without the usual <> encapsulation. I wonder if Stefan is saying, that
for the Filter to work as TB! constructs it through the Specials
sub-menu, or through ctrl-shift-F, the name only would have to be
encapsulated with apostrophes?
As much as I love TB!, it has to have one of the most limited and
confusing filtering systems. It becomes such a frustrating experience
when you are trying to figure out if you need quote marks, double quote
marks, or apostrophes. When you _create_ a filter with TB!, my
presumption is that it should simply work... Just the way TB! sets it
up! :o) It doesn't.... and never has! In addition, the limitations under
"Location" is a real drawback. Hopefully they will resolve all that, in
2.0 They should look at Eudora's filtering system... one of the most
powerful and user friendly I've ever seen. Those are the key words...
"user friendliness"... THAT is what TB! is lacking in it's filtering.
Nick
--
--=N.J. (Nick) Andriash=--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP Key ID: 0x7BA3FDCE
[EMAIL PROTECTED] | PGP Key ID: 0x2924D361
---
--
--------------------------------------------------------------
View the TBBETA archive at http://tbbeta.thebat.dutaint.com
To send a message to the list moderation team double-click HERE:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To Unsubscribe from TBBETA, double-click HERE:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--------------------------------------------------------------
You are subscribed as : [email protected]