Hi there!
On 19 Apr 00, at 7:43, Nick Andriash wrote
about "Re: problem with filtering mail wit":
I have to disagree here. TB's filtering is _almost_ all right, although it really
lacks some power due to the limitations "built in" this system of filters of four
"flavours": inbox, outbox, read, replied. If this limitation is delt with in some
meaningful way (that is, it should be possible to logically group filters and to
"attach" such groups to the user-specified folders, for the first place), TB's
filtering will become awesome;-) All the necessary actions are all there
already, (almost) all the necessary triggers are also implemented -- so, what
else do you need?
As for Eudora's filtering, I failed to see _any_ power in it at all (judging by
Eudora 4.something I suddenly decided to down about a year ago or so;-)). It
_might_ seem user-friendly, but then it's much less functional then the filtering
system of TB. I don't think one needs the "user-friendlyness" at the cost of the
_quality_: such a decision is _too_ much a M$-like;-)
> As much as I love TB!, it has to have one of the most limited and
> confusing filtering systems. It becomes such a frustrating experience
> when you are trying to figure out if you need quote marks, double quote
> marks, or apostrophes. When you _create_ a filter with TB!, my
> presumption is that it should simply work... Just the way TB! sets it
> up! :o) It doesn't.... and never has! In addition, the limitations under
> "Location" is a real drawback. Hopefully they will resolve all that, in
> 2.0 They should look at Eudora's filtering system... one of the most
> powerful and user friendly I've ever seen. Those are the key words...
> "user friendliness"... THAT is what TB! is lacking in it's filtering.
--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)
http://mph.phys.spbu.ru/~akiselev
---
Thought for the day:
There's always one more bug.
---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA); 0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6 7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589 9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---
--
--------------------------------------------------------------
View the TBBETA archive at http://tbbeta.thebat.dutaint.com
To send a message to the list moderation team double-click HERE:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To Unsubscribe from TBBETA, double-click HERE:
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--------------------------------------------------------------
You are subscribed as : [email protected]