Hello Feli,

Saturday, January 23, 2010, 13:24:18, you wrote:

>>So I cannot confirm your observation for XP SP3.
>>Perhaps it is W7 related?

Windows Vista and later makes file virtualization for "Program Files", that's
why we've changed the default location where The Bat! keeps mail. In earlier
versions of The Bat!, it kept the MAIL directory in "Program Files\The Bat!",
but now it keeps it in the %APPDATA% folder by default. It's better to avoid
using virtulization (by not keeping the data in the "Program Files")

There are some articles where the users are experiencing difficulties with the
virtualization:

http://www.west-wind.com/Weblog/posts/5584.aspx
http://www.cloudsofheaven.org/2008/01/vista_file_virtualization.html

And here is a common case described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927387 :
"Scenario 2: You cannot find the file or the folder that you just created
When you use an application for which virtualization is enabled, you create
data files in virtualizable locations of the file system. When you use another
application or Windows Explorer to access these newly created files, you cannot
find them. For example, if you save a file in a photo editing application in
the %programfiles%, %systemroot%, %systemdrive%, or %programdata% folders, you
cannot locate this file."

Maxim Masiutin                            mailto:m...@ritlabs.com