Hello Miguel,
Monday, April 16, 2012, 8:32:16 AM, among other things, you wrote:

M> Hello Roger,
M>
M>>> Can someone confirm? Is it perhaps a known issue?
>>
>> In version 5 the read filters are only triggered by the smart 'Space
>> bar' action to move to another message. Marking as 'Read' by any other
>> action has no effect. I have protested to Stefan Tanurkov about this
>> change, but to no avail.

M> Oh no! :-(

M> After years of using the Space bar (on the Message List) instead of
M> Ctrl+M to mark a message as read and properly triggering Read filters I
M> now have to change my whole set up. I don't like this because, among
M> other things, many times the messages I am reading are short enough so
M> that, to read them, I don't even have to change focus to the message
M> pane and use the smart Space bar to scroll them. Just read them and,
M> when done, hit Space to mark it as read.

Why  they  made  the change I don't know, I suspect it may just have been an
accidental oversight which they cannot be bothered to now fix up!

M> Anyway, I will have to do some more testing but I have returned the
M> 'Mark message as read' to default Ctrl+M and tried using the 'Smart
M> Space' and my Read filters still don't trigger. Also, if the message I'm
M> reading is the last one in the Message List, smart Space doesn't move to
M> any other message. Would the Read filters trigger in this case?

The  smart  space  has  worked  on  the last unread message since early this
month, in response to my Bugtraq sent in January!

 Roger

:flag-SouthAfrica:

The   Bat!  v5.1.0.1 (BETA)  POP3,  on  Windows 7,
version 6 1, build 7601   and Service Pack 1