Hello Dwight,

>> Just picking this post to throw in another argument for POP you  guys
>> may not be aware of: Slow internet connection.

DC> so  is it faster when you download same data with POP than with IMAP?
DC> And will you be switching to POP for your phone?

No. With POP I can set the machine to download the messages and
attachments while I go and make a coffee. Or take a shower (in earlier
times with even slower internet connections). Then everything is on my
computer and I can work fast.

With IMAP I have only the headers on the computer. I want to open a
mail and the attachments, it takes ages which I have to spend in front
of the computer.

I used to have a phone that downloaded messages by POP, but that is
nonsense. My iPhone uses IMAP and I only download the headers. Mostly
I can judge from the subject line whether I need to read the whole
mail and then, whether I actually need to download the attachments.
This is very different from the normal working environment: The phone
is a crutch I use when I am travelling and do not have access to my
laptop. For actaul working, POP is best.

--
Cheers,
Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 5.1.6.2