Hello Thomas,

Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 3:38:41 PM, you wrote:
SPV>> to a web site of evil.  Then again, it might be nice if TB
SPV>> had an option to provide a special warning if the link text
SPV>> doesn't match the link that will be followed and/or if the
SPV>> link will execute some script or macro.  Then it MIGHT be
SPV>> arguably safe to click a plaintext link.

> If you view HTML mail, hover over the link with the mouse and it will
> show the actual URL. In pliantext mails, or by clicking on the Texy
> tab in HTML mail, you see the actual URL in plain text.
Hovering the link helps. of course. What I choose to do is right-click it,
copy its target to the clipboard and then paste it, on my own free will, in
a browser. That way I can double and tripple-check where the link leads to
and control when I visit it.



-- 
Best regards,
 Viktor Kabelac                            mailto:[email protected]


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 5.1.6.4 | 'Using TBBETA' information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to