Gleason,

Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 9:32:47 AM, you wrote:

>> Personally, I would call that a bug in TB.  As far as
>> *ALL* other program I have that open links are concerned,
>> the "system viewer" is the program currently configured
>> as the default system browser.  That means that I can
>> get things to automatically open IE, FF, Chrome, Opera,
>> or even Safari (if I'm temporarily insane) when I click
>> a link.  If TB always uses IE, then TB is wrong and broken.

G> A bug would be if you set Firefox to be your default browser, and you
G> get Opera when you click on a link. "Not implemented" is when a
G> feature is not offered.

1. The fact that TB uses the system default browser when
   viewing a message as TEXT shows that TB knows how to
   correctly access the default system browser.

2. The fact that TB uses IE instead of the system default
   browser when viewing a message as HTML would appear to
   be a bug in relation to fact #1.

3. The fact that there is only one setting for which browser
   TB should use, coupled with facts #1 & 2, would indicate
   that TB is not using its own setting in one of the two
   different view modes and, most would call that a bug.

4. It is possible (perhaps even likely) that the dialog where
   the browser selection exists is using "Microsoft Internet
   Explorer" as a sort of generic name instead of saying
   "system default browser."  This could make sense due to a
   combination of language translation issues combined with
   the idea that many people still have IE as their default
   system browser.  Or not, this one is pure supposition on
   my part, but it seems reasonable (to me.)

5. I'm not sure where "not implemented" got into this, but
   if you're trying to imply that TB has "not implement" any
   access to the default system browser, I believe that you
   are incorrect.  When I have Chrome as my default browser,
   the links I click in TB open Chrome.  When Firefox is my
   default browser, those same links in TB open FireFox.  I
   always use text mode, which is where the original poster
   reported the system default browser to work correctly.

-- 
Steven Vallière | tb 5.1.6.4 | mailto:[email protected]
--
"If you didn't write it down, then it didn't happen."
   -Larry Zana


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 5.1.6.4 | 'Using TBBETA' information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to