Thomas,

Tuesday, June 19, 2012, 9:38:41 AM, you wrote:

TF> If you view HTML mail, hover over the link with the mouse and it will
TF> show the actual URL. In pliantext mails, or by clicking on the Texy
TF> tab in HTML mail, you see the actual URL in plain text.

TF> It's all there. I have never had to retype a URL into the browser
TF> since using TB!.


I find myself using so many different email clients that
I've tried to train myself to have good habits rather than
trusting the email client to protect me.  If I changed my
habit and trusted TB (which I use more than any other,)
then I could very likely get into trouble when I'm stuck
helping on someone else's machine and/or when I'm forced
to use webmail on a "foreign" computer (i.e. one that I
don't control.)

Frankly, I'd be happy with an option to have TB pop a
message box that tells me I've chosen to disable links
if I click on one.  This is especially true for links
that don't LOOK like links, which is fairly easy to do
with HTML formatting and images (at least on a web page,)

But this is a choice, not a problem report.  I'm paranoid
and I admit it.  I've been burned by my bad habits in the
past and I'm doing my darnedest to avoid it happening again.
<smile>


-- 
Steven Vallière | tb 5.1.6.4 | mailto:[email protected]
--
"If you didn't write it down, then it didn't happen."
   -Larry Zana


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 5.1.6.4 | 'Using TBBETA' information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to