On Thursday, October 5, 2023, 12:20:20, Георгий, Белрус wrote:

> This is wrong position. This is not an ugly Microsoft/Apple or dirty Adobe
> (that can kill Macromedia and then flash only because Apple says to them).
> Just html-viewer can't be a reason. And if ugly monopolies of shit-Chromium
> can kill Win7 support then needs to have some another html-viewer like in v8
> TB! and shut off that chromium-shit for Win7 users.

If you're using end-of-life operating systems, you have to accept that at some
point you'll have to keep using old programs, too.

Writing a HTML viewer is far from trivial, and there's a good reason that The
Bat switched from internal viewer to CEF (though I'd still prefer if Edge
WebView2 was used instead, since that gets security updates from the OS, so a
new TB release wouldn't be needed due to CVE-2023-4863).

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< https://eternallybored.org/ >

The more campaigning, the better.
       -- O'Brien's First Law of Politics

TheBat! Version 10.5.0 (64-bit), Windows 11 10.0.22621

'Using TBBETA' information: