Hello Christopher,

On Thursday, February 28, 2002 at 2:04:58 AM you wrote in
msgid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] (at least in part):

>>     I did once move from Win2K to WinME and the registry's were not 100%
>>     compatible which caused me one hell of a headache reconstructing my AB
>>     and my filters.

CJT> When  exporting  from  Win2000 you have to select compatible format of
CJT> *.reg  file.

Correct.
The difference between W2K and W9x/NT4 .reg files is
1.) The 'header'
    'REGEDIT4' vs. 'Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00'
2.) W2K .reg files are unicode.

If exporting the registry branch in W2K one can choose which format
this will have, so there should not be a problem with exporting the
settings stored in registry, which are, as you stated correctly, not
account specific, unless it's among others the information what
accounts are known to The Bat! and where they are located.

Most of information stored in registry are font, column and window
settings like position of 'Mail Ticker (tm)', visible tool bars,
viewer settings, XLAT-tables and of course the register information.

So one should be able to recover all accounts without the registry,
maybe with a little bit of work for settings up all account 'new' wich
will make The Bat! re-find the former directories and importing
account settings automatically. One thing to stumble over was (and
might still be) that if your username for POP3 / IMAP connecting
had/has an '@' inside everything after '@' including '@' was/is cut
off.
Me for example had an account with username equals to e-mail-address.
After such an 'emergency recovery' the username was set to first part
of e-mail-address only. I don't know if this is fixed, never tried it
since several months.
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Don't hit me, Mr. Moderator... I'll go back on topic... I swear!