Hello [EMAIL PROTECTED],

On or about Friday, February 7, 2003, 1:48:33 PM, in a fit of
humor, Name4Anand wrote:

S>> Have a bit of consideration for those of us who don't have
S>> "1st rate" internet access!

Nen> At least you can get 64K or 256K access.  I'm in a major
Nen> suburban area in the United States and can get no more the
Nen> 24Kbps dialup. :(

My parents (in urban NC) get no better than 19,200bps.  That is
DOUBLE what the phone company will guarantee!  The power company
has installed high voltage lines in close proximity to phone
lines. Result - 45-62db of 60Hz hum on the average phone line in
the area!!  No one will accept responsibility.

Nen> I hate receiving html email, but many of the people who
Nen> email me the most don't even comprehend the difference.

I take extreme pains to educate them!  That is my job as a
computer educator!

Nen> I have no use for an html editor in TB, but I do agree that
Nen> its addition as an option will help sell copies so I suppose
Nen> it is a good thing.

Can't agree here, as it will 'pollute' the established 'pool' of
educated TB! users.  I giuess we will have to re-educate them as
well, but harder to do if the program attempts to cow-tow to the
unenlightened.

Nen> I don't think it is nearly as important
Nen> as a wrapping option in MicroEd, but that's me. :)

ACK

Nen> Into the "What Email Should Be" argument, I'll throw the
Nen> point that books have been around for quite a long time and
Nen> seem to be doing just fine with normal blackish text on
Nen> basically white backgrounds.  If html made stuff easier to
Nen> read, someone should tell the printers.

ACK

Nen> (Yes, that was a joke and I know it doesn't really apply.)

No, I take it very seriously, as it speaks volumes to the concept
of simple and direct for the written word!  Most of the HTML
messages I get are unreadable with all the background textures
and garish color schemes some 'people' choose!

-- 
Warmest tropical regards,
Spike

"A Proctologist is a brain surgeon for politicians!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Using TheBat! v1.61 hamstrung by Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195
Service Pack 3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 1.63b4 | "Using TBBETA" information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to