Hello Dave,

On February 07, 2003, at 1:19 PM, you [DG] wrote (at least in part):

>> The majority of the mail I receive is HTML and not having the
>> ability to properly handle it in BAT is a real problem

DG> In what way doesn't TB! "properly handle it"? I've never had a
DG> problem reading an HTML email in TB!.

I have had a problem with hidden text in HTML messages before.  This
might be a poor example, but you can generate the problem yourself by
forwarding an HTML message to yourself and not removing the
message.htm attachment.  Type some text at the top.  Send it.  Now go
back and look at the message in HTML format and your text will not be
seen. If you switch over to text mode you can see your text.  I have
received mail with this invisible text before and switched over to the
default txt view for a while because of the problem.  The problem with
this "bug" is it requires checking both the text and HTML version on
every message to be sure nothing is missed.

Please confirm this test and other examples.

John Thomas

 Current beta is 1.63b4 | "Using TBBETA" information: