-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hello Bill,

Wednesday, February 19, 2003, 9:52:36 PM, you wrote:

Well,  not quite. But I wanted to keep this in this thread. I'm not sure
if  this  might  be  related to the column header text not showing on XP
(although I run Win98SE).

First  of  all,  I've got an old Packard Bell that started out as a P133
with  16  megs  of  RAM  &  a  1.5 gig HD. It's been beefed up with a an
Evergreen  cpu module with an AMD K6-II 333mhz, RAM to 104 meg, HD to 30
gig  (with  some helper software to recognize the whole thing), a Matrox
Millenium  II 4 meg video card, a Montego II soundcard, a PCI USB 1 card
&  an  ISA NIC for my DSL. Along with everything needed to keep all that
humming  on  my  old  clunker,  I have NOD32 AV, BOClean AT, Outpost Pro
firewall,  Proxomitron proxy, Alerts (part of WinPIM), and MaxMem memory
manager  all  running  most of the time. Bus speed, of course, unchanged
from  the original PB implementation. And my system is normally up 24/7.
I mention all this just to indicate the environment in which the problem
occurred.

One of the emails I got tonight included a link to the results of a poll
I  had  participated  in.  Clicking  on  the  link brought up my default
browser  (Crazy Browser) at the appropriate site. I checked out a couple
of  pages  &  closed  the  browser. I then started getting error message
boxes  saying  "Unable  to  repaint  canvas",  with  "THe  Bat!"  in the
titlebar.  In order to eliminate the continuing error messages, I had to
use  the  Ctrl-Alt-Del  close  program  box  to  close  The Bat!. When I
reopened it, everything was fine.

I've  never  seen  this  before  with  The Bat! and I'm not sure if it's
internal  or  a  system  resources  thing,  but  since this is a beta, I
figured  it ought to be checked. Sorry if I got too wordy, but I figured
the  more  possibly applicable info I could supply, the more easily this
one might get tracked down.

- --
Best regards,
 Bill Kraski                 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGP 6.5i

iQA/AwUBPlRMmV+k60BsXnM1EQIvZQCfZQPDle78lJdLYguwTVPpn4jvpIAAnA9j
XiQnX1JzXUF8ZGlJEjL6md+f
=j1ir
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 1.63b6 | "Using TBBETA" information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html

Reply via email to