Hello Dierk,

Thanks for your instant reply!

On Tue, 2004-05-18 at 19:47 +0200, Dierk Haasis wrote:

> Even if you do not know what "beta" means, it is written right above
> the links on the download page. Betas are not - repeat: *not* - for
> production environments.

As a software developer I know that term very well. These Betas makes no
difference to the latest "stable": both are too fragile. I've just
learned how to bypass these disfeatures and how to be able to use my TB!
despite the problems, because I thought The Bat! was worth having an
another try.

These days I have to give second chances to it all the time and it's
something I don't want to do - anymore :-)

> I have to admit that I do actually use several programs for my daily
> routine work, among them Opera and TB. In both cases I have rarely
> experienced big trouble over all the years, but when I did (both had
> very unstable betas once or twice) I just reverted to a stable/usable
> version.

Yep, I know what you mean :-) I've been using Opera since 3.6x and TB!
since 1.4x and both of them have had their bad and good times, just like
you said.

Bye, Tero

 Current beta is 2.11 Beta/6 | 'Using TBBETA' information: