Hello Tony,

TB>   If I built a house (I'm a Bricklayer) that had a leaky roof, I'd fix that
TB>   roof before starting to build another house. Otherwise I might end up
TB>   with a whole street full of houses all with roofs that leak and I'd
TB>   probably end up with a bad reputation as a builder not to mention a
TB>   street full of houses I couldn't sell.

Incorrect  comparision.  House  is  built  once.  It  has a project to
satisfy  all  needs  of  customer or group of customers. That customer
pays  fully  for  all project work. When project is finished it is not
changed  (cosmetical  changes rarely leak roof ;-) ). Software is from
different  category. One of the major differences - it always changes.
Sometimes  only  cosmetical,  sometimes  it  needs  change  of "roof",
sometimes  "walls"  are  reconstructed.  It is made for wider usage (I
mean  shareware)  and  therefore will never achieve the same stability
and   efficiency   like  custom planned and made program. Like houses,
builded  for  offices or living will never be the same comfortable and
beautiful like private houses.

TB>   Professional reputation is the same be it for a road sweep or a software
TB>   programmer.

Agree,  but  end-user  of  road  couldn't  appreciate the work of each
person  of  road-makers,  he could appreciate only the road itself and
make   conclusions  about road-maker company. Same with developers - I
think  only  5-10 users from this list can make real conclusions about
team members reputation.

--

                                                                  9Val

 Current beta is 3.5 Return RC/1 | 'Using TBBETA' information: