On 6/10/05, Thomas Fernandez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I like the way TB behaves: When I hit F2 or alt-F2, the CC is in the
> foreground. If it checks automatically, it's in the background.
>
> Now, for your problem, the Dispatcher seems to be the solution: You
> see the new entry in the task bar. Click on it if you want to. Won't
> that work for you?

Thomas, sometimes I want to use the Dispatcher, and sometimes I do not
want to use the Dispatcher. I have already explained that many times
an account that I check by this method is more likely to time out.
With the Dispatcher, you only get it in the Task Bar if there are new
messages to display -  something you would not have if the connection
was never established in the first place.

To be honest here, I am getting tired of people trying to pacify me
with the remark that they like the current behavior. The current
behavior has no logic, and it was surely unplanned. It is not
consistent with previous behavior, and it is most definitely a bug,
not a feature. I do not care if Ritlabs wants to make this option
available to those who want it, but I am not such a person. I have
been complaining about this bug since RC5, and as yet no one from
Ritlabs has even acknowledged the problem, much less given any
assurance that it would be fixed.

--
Avi Yashar
Windows XP Pro SP2 and The Bat! Pro 3.5.26