Hello Hendrik,

In advance: thank you for your time.

> "Vili" wrotes on 06/09/2005 at 03:31:07 +1100 
> subject "I cant take it anymore, slow TB!" :

My English not perfect, also, I just mention it to make yours better:
there is not such word like "wrotes". Writes or wrote. Put "wrote" in
your template.

>> My  laptop  is a relatively fast one, AMD 2400+ processor, 512 MB RAM,
>> ca.  30000  emails  in TB!. After I use TB! for a while, it slows down
>> like  hell...  It is not defragmentation problem. I am VERY angry now,
>> as I would like to make business, that needs quick answering, but even
>> closing a simple text mail from TBBETA takes ca. 3 sec...
> Did you check how many second it will take to copy a big file on your
> harddisk? Say a 700MB file from one folder to an other (not moving,
> really copying!!) It should be not slower as 70 seconds (10MB/second).
> Recently I had a performance problem with my new 250GB HD, but it was
> just caused by bad electrical contact in IDE cable.

I  checked  everything. My laptop is very fast, fast copy, etc. When I
start  up  TB!,  it  is fast, but after some use it becomes slower and
slower...

>> It  started  with version v3.5. It cannot be only memory leak... No
>> virus,  spyware  on  my  PC,  also other programs are just fine and
>> fast. My TB! used to be a precisely tuned "instrument", now it is a
>> turtle without legs... :)
> You are talking about viruses. Have you an Antivirus installed? Is
> this antivirus configured to NOT check the message bases? otherwise,

I have AV installed, but not permanent protection is running. None. AV
is shut down completely. I just fire it up when I suspect something on
my pc.

>> This  is  how  I  quit from TB!. Close, wait for some sec and kill the
>> process... :(( I cant wait for two hours to quit TB! normally... :((
> Did you check if you have some plugin running in TheBat? maybe there
> is a issue?

No plugin at all.

Now I did a disk defrag, I suspect that it will slow down either...

I dont know, what else to look for... :(((

-- 
Vili
The Bat 3.61.02 beta on Windows XP 5.1 2600 Szervizcsomag 1


________________________________________________________
 Current beta is 3.61.03 | 'Using TBBETA' information:
http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html
IMPORTANT: To register as a Beta tester, use this link first -
http://www.ritlabs.com/en/partners/testers/

Reply via email to