Hello Vili,

>>> They just want to send and recieve mail, it's our (admins) job to make
>>> it work.
>> And thanks Ritlabs making this job easier!

> Let me rephrase the discussion here: Ritlabs does a good job following
> the  rules,  while  other  email  clients  are sloppy/let users follow
> non-standard protocol (in order to get around sloppy admins), right?

Yes. As more and more ordinary people (read: not geeks) are using
computers, software is changing too. For example IE7 have changed
erroneous certificate popup display with this
http://www.tekila.lt/public/ie7-ssl.PNG big windows, where computer
illiterate in most cases will click on green icon if it is not reading
it. It is known that in the future versions IE will block such websites
completely. xchat after upgrade to version 2 does not allow you to
connect to the IRC server with expired certificate by default either.
Yes they are not email clients, and yes they allow you to choose in
a difficult way. But I think you can see where it is coming.
Sooner or later none of them will allow this.

 Vilius