Gary,

G>> Yes, it is that way because the specifications say it should be.  I
G>> think Rit got it right by ignoring the specification on this one.  Let
G>> them continue to be guided by what real people using their program
G>> might want.

> Then why use any RFC protocol at all, even SMTP, or POP, or heck... now you
> can be Microsoft and just use what you want......  You are missing the point
> because you do not understand the problem. Generalizations do not help, and
> being sadly misinformed, e.g. the Mulberry history, are just ranting without
> knowledge. Sorry, gotta go.... and this is silly.

IT types tend to consider those who disagree with them to be ignorant,
uninformed, not worth conversing with.  Yes, I have found that to be
true as well.

No, I am a software developer with a lot of years behind me.  I have
worked with just about every email client out there looking for the
best I can get.  No, I don't think you can dismiss my opinion that
easily.

--
 Gleason

 Using 3.99.24 on Windows XP, 5.1, Build 2600.
 IMAP email provider is Fastmail, which uses Cyrus server software.