Sebastian,

>> In my case, I recently had the example of a friend of a friend
>> whose son  set  her  up with Hotmail as an introduction to using
>> email. No amount  of  explaining advantages could convince her to
>> do more than that.  Just  be  simple  and  work  please,  and
>> since I don't know anything about anything, let my son get it going
>> for me.

> But  this  is not only new users or young people problem but also old?
> Why old useres for example changing TB for Tbird?

Yes, as I said a while ago, the success of Tbird is one of the issues
that Rit must deal with very soon.  And I think glitter is very much a
part of Tbird's appeal.

>>> No. When you know how to do that please answer for this posts:
>> Oh, Lord, why would anybody want another email client that acts like
>> OE?  If  that  is  what  you  want,

> When  you  read  this topics on forum my nick is lazik - you will know
> that  this  is not my request and you will know why I not recommend OE
> like  setup.  I  only  want  to say that new users that changing email
> client want OE like interface. That is all.

Understood.  Be simple and work.  Also new and shiny helps.

Actually, TB is not going to be simple, and people who have a lot of
special email needs don't want it to be.  The problem is that this is
a rather small part of the overall email client market, and there are
10-15 other clients all aiming for that same group.  TB really needs
to stand out.  Appearance is an important part of that.

--
 Gleason

 Using 3.99.25 on Windows XP, 5.1, Build 2600.
 IMAP email provider is Fastmail, which uses Cyrus server software.

 Current beta is (none) | 'Using TBBETA' information: