Julian-

Hooray! This list is still active!

> although I must say I find the Help menu a bit confusing.

Indeed.

> They are all basically of this type, with several minor variations.  It
> works fine, except for one person to whom I need to send a copy on an
> alternative email address.  In this case, I tried:

> /MAILU=Julian - Appeals Worldwide;TO=Janis Knox<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;%CC=Janis
> Knox<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>;S=AI Case
> Details;TEXT=C:\CSERVE\WWA.TXT;QUEUE

Try leaving off the semicolon before the %CC. You'll want it to be a
macro within the "TO" line, rather than a separate command.

Does your command line actually work in other cases?

A couple of things here: I think you'll need quotes around the
arguments that have embedded spaces. The safest thing is just to quote
all the arguments and then you don't have to think about it any more.
Unless you have quotes within the arguments, which probably isn't a
good idea, but then you have to use single quotes to enclose them.

The second thing is that I believe you'll need the %put macro to
attach the WWA.TXT file: TEXT=%PUTC:\CSERVE\WWA.TXT, otherwise you'll
just end up with the file path as your message text.

The ipc file is checked regularly, IIRC, so it's not a problem having
TB running already. If necessary you can attempt to launch a second
copy of TB and it *should* pass the ipc file to the running copy.

--
-Mark Wieder

 Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/7 on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4