Hello Stanislav & all other TBUDL members,

Stanislav, Paula and Mark have just written:

PF>>> RIT Labs should drop everything to develop a Linux version

MA>> RIT should move in fast before someone beats them to it,

and

SP> Well, but Delphi compiler for Linux is not released yet.

This is not an area of competence for me, but that's why I'm asking:

1).- Aside from the received demand, what would be the advantage to
using TB (and other applications) under Linux as distinct from under
say Windows 2000. As Linux becomes more of a finished product, the
costs associated with it seem to be rising commensurately. And while
windows was garbage from the start (I began with OS/2, myself), by
throwing enough money at it I'm told that NT at least has improved a
lot. Will Linux get beyond being a server OS and compete with Windoze
at the user level? (The Linux camp itself is split) and,

2).- If Languages like MetaWare High C/C++/ EC++ PwrPC Toolset Linux
and various versions of Fortran, as well as Cross Assemblers/Compilers
like METROWERKS CodeWarrior for Red Hat Linux GNU Edition and Graphics
Motif for Linux and all available, will the Delphi compiler make that
much of a difference? Or is the statement founded in TB's have been
programmed in Delphi?

As mentioned, my understanding of the issue is sketchy at best, and I
hoping you'll all (collectively) fill in the picture a bit.

Incidentally, while performance seems to be better with v 1.38e than
it was w/ 1.36, it's still buggier - and it's not just one thing. It's
demands on memory or greater and I need to close other programs
frequently, and sometimes it tries to do the same thing twice at once,
(i.e send the same message) then runs into itself and falls down
(closes). Also, when that just happened, on opening TB again - lo and
behold: NO messages in my TBUDL folder. *However*, little did the
bugger know (or maybe it did) that I had stashed in the computer I run
between my eyes, the idea to press shift-cntrl-alt right away (there
you have it - this list is indispensable). In any case, I'm sure these
issues are being worked on. (Nothing is gratuitous and improvements
must be implemented, tested and modified etc. The main thing is that
work is being done, continuously; and what's already in place helps me
get mine done, as is).

One more thing, on a totally different track. Are there any good
directories on the internet that provide data regarding the people
behind the email address? Meaning, can you obtain more detailed data
regarding the person using the email address, when that's all you
have? Thanks in advance for the answers.

Douglas