Hallo Steve,

On Sunday, December 12, 1999, 7:48:33 AM (GMT+0800), Steve Lamb wrote:

>> One more thing, on a totally different track. Are there any good
>> directories on the internet that provide data regarding the people
>> behind the email address? Meaning, can you obtain more detailed data
>> regarding the person using the email address, when that's all you
>> have? Thanks in advance for the answers.

SL>     Geez, I hope not.  Personal privacy is being invaded left and right in
SL> record numbers.  We don't need a central database for anyone to get into on
SL> the 'net to make it even lower!

You can always finger, but many server deny access. Then there are
Lycos' White Pages. And, if you're on Compuservere, you can find info
about other Cserver members.

--

Cheers,
Thomas                             mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.38e
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
using an Intel Celeron 366 Mhz, 128MB RAM