Hello list,

I have an odd problem that I've recently noticed. I leave my computer
up and running 24/7, and also leave my e-mail program running 24/7 (to
maintain my dialup internet connection so that the constant
re-dialling of my linux dialup server won't bother anyone). Since
switching to The Bat, I've noticed an odd pattern, though, that I'd
like to know how to solve.

I have The Bat set to download my mail every 5 minutes. This works
great - for about 24 or 30 hours. Then, for no apparent reason
whatsoever, The Bat stops downloading e-mail unless I click the
download button. I have to close The Bat and relaunch it before it'll
start automatically checking the accounts again. It's very bizarre -
this afternoon it sat for almost 3 hours not downlaoding e-mail until
I finally noticed it (I keep my e-mail program in the background while
I work, and losing 3 hours of e-mail was a very big pain since I do
customer service which a fast response is very important) and closed
The Bat and reopenned it and ended up having to download over 100
messages several hours old.

Does anyone else notice this pattern and can anyone else give me a
solution to it? I can't close The Bat at night because then it'd take
20 minutes just to download my e-mail when I get into the office in
the morning (I get over 1000 e-mails a day, about 500 of them during
my off-hours), and I can't keep having huge gaps where no e-mail is
being downloaded and I don't notice it until later.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason

--