Hi Keith,

on Wednesday, December 22, 1999, 12:36:18 AM GMT+0800, Keith Russell wrote:

KR> Thanks to everyone for your responses. My Pilot folder does not
KR> exist--at least under that name--in my TheBat! directory. Is it
KR> possible that it could have somehow been renamed?

I don't think so. I'd rather think they have been "somehow" deleted.

Does your Windows "Find File" find anything? Did you check the
"Recycled" directory?

KR> It has been suggested that if a Pilot directory exists, I just create
KR> a new one from within The Bat! and the messages will automatically be
KR> found and imported. How is this possible?

Doesn't make sense to me. If the directory doesn't exist on the HD,
how can TB find the messages?

I did, however, noticed that I suddenly have files called
"foldername." (for example: tbudl. - no file extension) in my My
Documents directory. They contain all messages, with headers, that
were in a folder on 6 December, for some reason. They are in plain
text. I don't know how they ended up there, but maybe you want to take
a look for a file "Pilot." on your PC (if that was the name of the
folder).

KR> Two questions naturally arise:

KR> 1. What could have happened to cause a single folder to disappear like
KR> this?

No idea. Never happened to me.

KR> 2. Where are all the messages from my Pilot mailing list going? The
KR> filter says to send them to the Pilot folder, and they're not showing
KR> up in the Inbox....

Good question. Try to send yourself a message that would quilify for
that filter, and then "search" for it.

I would also recommend to either disable this filter or create a
folder Pilot (or Pilot2) now, in order for you to not lose any more
messages. ;-)

Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.38e
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.