On Thu, 23 Dec 1999 22:33:57 +0800, Thomas Fernandez wrote:

MDP>>          HKEY_USERS\.Default\Software\RIT\The Bat!\Editor\Font
MDP>>          HKEY_USERS\.Default\Software\RIT\The Bat!\Rich Text

> Before I mess up my registry: I understand the first one is the font
> the editor uses; what's the second for ? I thought TB does not support
> Rich Text?

You don't have to worry that anything you do with registry keys for
the bat will render your system unbootable. It's always best to export
the key that you plan to fiddle with before doing so. Simply double
clicking on the export .reg file will bring things back to their
former state.

If you actually manage to open a registry editor then you're almost
there. :))))

If you manage to change the setting then you may change it back to
what it was before in two ways.

a) Actually going back and manually undoing what you did.

b) By saving the registry key.

Assuming that you are using regedit.exe:

Click on the font key. Go to registry and select 'export registry
file'. Name the file giving it a .reg extension.

You may now make whatever font changes you wish to make.

If you don't like the result of what you did. Double click on the
exported file which will then overwrite what you did and bring things
back to their former state.

--
Ali Martin                     |     Using The Bat! v1.38e
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      |     Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 6)

   [ Psychoceramics: The study of crackpots. ]
____