Dear Marck,

on Monday, December 27, 1999, 12:49, you wrote:

MH>> How can I make The Bat! behave the same when sending mail as when
MH>> retrieving mail? Or: how can I make it behave the same when
MH>> sending the first time (after launching) as when sending the
MH>> second, third, etc. time? Or is this a bug?

MDP> I  have  never  seen  this happen. :-/ This may be because I use Proxy
MDP> server settings under IE5 which bypasses the IE5 penchant for dialling
MDP> whenever it sees a DNS request go out. But you're using an absolute IP
MDP> for  the  SMTP  server  address which means it shouldn't touch the IE5
MDP> dialler at all.

Precisely.  But due to some reason it does.

Normally I would even be willing to consider this being a Win98 problem,
but as it does not happen when retrieving mail ...

How can I make sure that the developers take care of that problem?
Stefan, ru there?

Michael Heydekamp
AIR TRAFFIC Euro Charter GmbH
eMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.airtraffic.de

  Using The Bat! 1.38e under Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222  A
  on a PIII/450, 128MB RAM, 10GB Harddisk
  in a NetWare 3.12 network environment