Hi Michael,

On Sun, 26 Dec 1999 18:34:38 +0100GMT (12/27/1999, 01:34 +0800GMT),
Michael Heydekamp wrote:

MH> in our local network environment, users are connecting with The Bat! to
MH> our local mail server rather than to an Dial-Up Provider via an RAS
MH> connection. Thus in the relevant settings (SMTP server, POP server etc.)
MH> the local IP of the mail server is set (192.168.1.1).

MH> This works fine when retrieving mail (Alt-F2).

MH> It does not work so fine when sending mail (Shift-Alt-F2). The first
MH> time when sending mail after launching The Bat! the DUN window pops up
MH> and asks the user to establish an RAS connection.

MH> From the second time on (after launching) this does not happen anymore.

Sorry for overquoting, but I have the same experience every morning.

However, it is not only The Bat! that gives me the DUN window; or five
of them, one for each account. Netscape does the same, so does telnet,
and so does PC-Cillin.

If there is a way to get rid of the DUN Window, it would probably be
on OS or LAN level, I would guess.

Thomas.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.38e
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998
on a Pentium II/350 MHz.