Hi there!

On 11 Jan 00, at 14:05, Steve Lamb wrote
    about "Re: suggestion- / wish-list":

> >>     Which is possible.  I've seen books written in just VI.  OTOH, you'll note
> >> I didn't put word processing into my list because I do know that is a
> >> different task than just editing ASCII text.
>
> > Unless you use TeX;-) In this latter case, it *is* editing ASCII;-) Time to
> > learn a bit?
>
>      Nope.  As I said, I've seen books written in just VI.  I didn't say what
> other tools were used.  In that particular case, TeX.  IIRC it was one of the
> O'Reilly books but which one eludes me at the moment.

Donald E. Knuth "The TeX book" pub. by Addison-Wesley, AFAIR. This is the
starting point;-) The book about TeX written by the author of TeX in TeX;-)

P.S. I *hope* you happen to know _who_ Donald Knuth is? I hope you've
already read some of his books... Yeah, I really hope;-)

--
SY, Alex
(St.Petersburg, Russia)

---
PGP public keys on keyservers:
0xA2194BF9 (RSA);   0x214135A2 (DH/DSS)
fingerprints:
F222 4AEF EC9F 5FA6  7515 910A 2429 9CB1 (RSA)
A677 81C9 48CF 16D1 B589  9D33 E7D5 675F 2141 35A2 (DH/DSS)
---