Hello, fellow Bat-lovers.

On Saturday, January 22, 2000, 5:07:34 AM, tracer wrote:

t> Hello Jast,
t> On Sat, 22 Jan 2000 05:36:20 +0100 GMT your local time,
t> which was Saturday, January 22, 2000, 11:36:20 AM (GMT+0700) my local time,
t> Jast wrote:

Jast>>  Not  every (net) community has the same standards and rules, and in some good
Jast>>  message  trimming  and  formatting might not be so important. But it is here,
Jast>>  and  I'd  prefer  if  sir tracer would trim his mails a little and put a line
Jast>>  after the quotes . . . please?
t> Spmeone told me that one really should have a separator line as a
t> feature of the bat when quoting, or a blank line.
t> Anyway, I donot see lines after quotes in your msg so I do
t> musunderstand it?
t> I thought its obvious when quoting since the name of the person quoted
t> is still there...

Tracer, it may be "obvious," but it's still hard to read. This is all
about making e-mail reading more convenient for list subscribers, all
of whom, I am sure (if they're at all like me), are struggling to keep
on top of truckloads of messages.

Look at the line (two, actually) separating the four 't>' lines and
the quote from Jast, versus the lines from Jast and your response,
which are just jammed together. Sure, you can tell by looking closely
that these were written by different people, but it isn't obvious at
first glance; it takes a little extra mental effort.

And if someone doesn't have sender information enabled in their
quotes, the difference between >, >>, and >>> is even harder to see.

It frustrates me that I and several others have asked you to put lines
between quotes, and that even in responding to such a request, you
don't put a line! Please don't take this personally, because you've
been really helpful to me and to many others on the list. But e-mail
is so time consuming as it is, that when I see messages that are hard
to read, whether it be because of poor formatting, numerous spelling
errors, failure to use mixed case, or overuse of "shorthand" terms, I
tend to skip over them. And this is a shame, because sometimes I miss
good content; but I just don't have the time.

--
 Keith Russell
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Using The Bat! 1.39 under Windows 98 4.10 Build 1998 on a Pentium II 233 with 64 MB.