Hello!

Tuesday, April 04, 2000, 15:26, Leif Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

AGSAA>> It seems to me that the most common, known and recommended way

I forgot the words "to beginners" here :-(... There are so much users
that knows nothing about message headers etc.

AGSAA>> to distinguish messages between two or more mailing lists is to
AGSAA>> use the subject prefix - for example, [TBUDL] or [TBBETA].
AGSAA>> Unfortunately :-( these two lists doesn't have such prefixes.

LG> We really haven't given this much thought since shortly after the
LG> lists were started. Most of the original subscribers felt that it was
LG> not necessary, and took up valuable space in the Subject field.
Yes, I agreed with you here.

--

Best regards,                       mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Andrey G. Sergeev (AKA Andris)      http://www.andris.msk.ru/